|What Is Glycolic Acid?||Glycolic acid is an Alpha-Hydroxy-Acids (AHA) derived from sugar cane. It is often considered the most active and beneficial of the Alpha-Hydroxy-Acids (AHA). Exfoliants such as glycolic acid have been shown to lighten darken areas of the skin. Due to its small molecular size, glycolic acid works effectively to stimulate the growth of new skin and collagen by penetrating the skin and decreasing the bonds that hold dead skin cells on the surface. This allows dead cells to be gradually removed, leaving behind a layer of brighter, smooth skin. Glycolic acid also reduces the amount of surface skin oil, which aids in the removal of blackheads and other skin impurities.
Glycolic Acid 70% Peel is a very strong peel that is mainly used by EXPERIENCED users for all over body exfoliation. It is strong enough to melt plastic! This peel should be diluted before applying it to the face. Please see How to Dilute a Glycolic Acid Solution . The higher strengths of glycolic acid will help with oilier and more resistant skin.
Glycolic Acid is truly the work horse of the AHAs and should be a skincare staple for just about everyone! Glycolic acid treats sun damaged skin, acne marks, Blackheads/Whiteheads, Blotchy Pigmentation, stretch mark, fine Wrinkles, under eye dark circles, dry skin, eczema & dermatitis, melasma, psoriasis, razor bumps, scarring, loss of elasticity, large pores, in-grown hairs, age spots/dark spots, seborrheic keratosis, hyperkeratosis, and actinic keratosis.
Note: If this is your first peel and you have sensitive skin, you should begin with our lower 30% percent glycolic peel then later work your way up to the higher percentages.
Follow the detailed instructions included in the booklet.
Apply the peel to the treatment area, avoiding the eyes and mouth. Begin with the forehead working from the center out. If you are new to chemical peels, allow initial contact time of 1 minute then remove with copious amounts of water. Adjust the contact time as skin tolerance increases. Follow the detailed instructions included in the booklet. Follow peel treatment with SPF and moisturizer.
|Active Ingredients||Glycolic Acid (70%), deionized water|
|Application Time||Depends on the percentage it has been diluted to. See instructions booklet|
|Frequency of Use||Depends on the percentage it has been diluted to. See instructions booklet|
|Indications||Treats sun damaged skin, acne marks, Blackheads/Whiteheads, Blotchy Pigmentation, stretch mark, fine Wrinkles, under eye dark circles, dry skin, eczema & dermatitis, melasma, psoriasis, razor bumps, scarring, loss of elasticity, large pores, in-grown hair|
|Precautions & Safety||
Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards. If you are using Retin A products and want to use our Acid Peels, you will need to stop the treatments at least two-weeks before using the Peels. Retin A makes the skin very sensitive to the sun and to other products.
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
By ordering Glycolic Acid you agree to the following statements.
This is a legal and binding agreement.
1. I understand any and all hazards associated with the usage of Glycolic Acid and will procure and read any necessary literature required to be educated and informed about its usage and necessary precautions and dangers.
2. I agree to be completely and solely responsible for any and all injuries or damage to myself, others and property associated with usage of Glycolic Acid and I take full responsibility for proper storage and safety precautions for myself and any person who may come in contact with the Glycolic Acid I am purchasing.
3. I agree not to hold ProDerma Light, their employees or owners responsible for any injuries, damage or misuse that result from the usage of Glycolic Acid by myself or anyone I allow to use or handle the Glycolic Acid I am purchasing.
4. I am a legal adult above the age of 18.
5. I am not procuring Glycolic Acid for the manufacturing of any illegal substances or for any other illegal activities. Nor will I provide or make available to anyone the Glycolic Acid I am purchasing so that it can be used in manner that would be illegal, or considered dangerous. I understand that I am responsible for proper labeling of products I create for resale using this Glycolic Acid.
6. I understand that the seller, ProDerma Light, reserves the right to discontinue the sale of Glycolic Acid to me for any reason and understand that a previous sale does not guarantee the right to future sales.
7. I understand and will comply with FDA guidelines and take complete responsibility for safe use and final pH of any products I use or sell.
8. Glycolic Acid does not create or become a new or different molecule over time, so it does not change into something else as it ages. It can only degrade over a long period of time (several years), losing effectiveness when exposed to atmospheric changes. (Temps greater than 140 F and lower than 68 F)
9. Although all products are required to list a shelf life, Glycolic acid does not really have a defined shelf life and can maintain its pH indefinitely if stored properly.